10 Best Real Leather Recliner Chairs 2023 – Performance Tested
Recliners Guide is reader-supported. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more about our process here.
Unlike fabric recliners, real leather recliner chairs offer tremendous benefits and a lot of useful features. The chairs that are made up of genuine leather seem to hold up well over a long period of time. Apart from being strong and durable, the couch looks compellingly attractive and pleasing to the eye. Moreover, they have often glossy finish and are soft to the touch. Last but not the least, these chairs are pretty easy to wipe down with a damp cloth. Now let’s take a look at some of the best leather recliner chairs for sale.
- Best Leather Rocker Recliner: Signature Design by Ashley – Contemporary Faux Leather Rocker Recliner It does recline enough to sleep on all night, so is good for random guests who want to snooze.
- Best Big and Tall Leather Recliner: Lane Home Furnishings Rocker Recliner I can recline all the way back with confidence that it won’t snap in half.
- Best Recliner with Ottoman: Flash Furniture Recliner Chair with Ottoman The ottoman is also comfortable, light, easy to move, great looking, well designed/built, and serves as a great spare seat for short conversations or when putting on shoes.
- Best Heavy Duty Recliner: Lane Home Furnishings Wallsaver It provides firm support, feels very comfortable, has plenty of room.
- Best Value: Recliner Chair for Living Room PU Leather The color is rich, the size is perfect for a small living room and/or small bedroom, very comfortable, and best of all, it comes with a nice warranty.
10 Best Real Leather Recliner Chairs in 2023
(1) Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhurst Faux Leather Manual Rocker Recliner
The Ashley Larkinhurst Recliner is all too good to be true. You can sleep on it and you’ll literally forget about your regular bedtime. Not only for the regular individuals, the chair is suitable for taller folks so much so that they can fully stretch out on it. The cushions aren’t extra soft so you don’t feel uncomfortable. The recliner cushions are super quiet. Your head sinks into the cushion and it doesn’t push your head forward. You can afford to sit with your pet. The chair is sturdy enough to withstand claw marks. You may feel the leather is just a little stiffed but it will definitely soften with time.
(2) Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Faux Leather Upholstery
Material & Comfort
- This leather armchair recliner is amazingly comfortable thanks to its high back and thickly padded cushions.
- The Ashley Furniture Signature Design
is upholstered with smooth faux leather which is actually thick poly fibre and features cozy feel-good touch.
- The soft and smooth material of this couch appears like leather but the great thing is: it is not sticky at all.
Reclining & other features
- This dual motor lift chair reclines all the way back to almost horizontal position.
- It has very helpful lift feature and it works slowly for raising and tilting the seat.
- The power controls are smooth and super quiet.
- It is quite a roomy chair and its wider seats can comfortably fit tall and heavy persons.
- Due to metal reinforcement, it is pretty heavy to move around.
- It has slightly low lumbar support.
- The footrest doesn’t lift up too high.
Note of Caution: In order to fully recline, you need to have about 14” of clearance from the wall.
(3) Hudson Leather Power Recliner Blue
- The Hudson Leather Power Recliner is made up of top grain synthetic leather which is durable, buttery soft to the touch and easy to clean as well.
- It has sturdy construction because its frame is made up of kiln dried hardwood and also features sinuous steel spring suspension.
High-level of Comfort
- It has wider and thickly padded arms while the cushioning is made up of good quality foam and blown fibre.
- The backrest is slightly shorter.
(4) Plush Brown Leather Lever Rocker Recliner
- The Plush Brown Leather Lever Rocker is made up of brown leatherSoft upholstery, which is actually a combination of polyurethane and leather for extra softness and long time use.
- The material is quite smooth and it spots clean with damp cloth.
High-level of Comfort
- It has wider, overstuffed and generously padded arms, along with bustle back cushions for a well-deserved nap.
- Its assembly is a snap because you don’t need any screws to put it together.
Reclining & Durability
- This chair is super comfy and it reclines almost all the way back.
- It has pretty good build quality and appears to hold up nicely over time.
- It is a little bit hard to recline back with the help of a handle.
- It is not made of real leather, but vinyl material.
(5) Contemporary Leather Recliner for Modern Living Room
Material & Weight
- The Contemporary Leather Recliner
is made up of bonded leather upholstery and sturdy hardwood frame for a long time use.
- This chair is a pretty nice-looking, durable, lightweight and super comfortable furniture. As a result, it is very easy to move around.
- Due to its size, this space-saving sofa fits perfectly into small living rooms.
- Despite its size, this couch is comfortable enough to easily fit tall persons.
- This leather recliner sofa is not too bulky and so, it fits easily through doors of at least 30” or wider.
- This sofa doesn’t stay locked into the reclined position.
- It is a little bit hard to close down the footrest.
- Its arms need slightly more padding.
(6) All Genuine Leather Power Reclining Chair
Material, Comfort & Design
- The Genuine Leather Power Reclining Chair is made up of all genuine leather cover, which is soft to the touch and also has smooth finish.
- With its subtle stitch tufting and elegant look, it complements pretty well with interior decor.
- It features overstuffed cushion and low profile arms for providing restful place.
This genuine leather recliner chair features easy, robust power reclining mechanism and has smooth transition from upright position to reclined position.
(7) Bonded Leather Massage Chair
- The Bonded Leather Massage Chair is one of the most comfortable swivel recliner chairs for living room, and it fits perfectly into small apartments due to its smaller footprint.
High-level of Comfort
- It has thickly padded plush arms and headrest. Moreover, the back and lumbar support are pretty good too.
- You can turn on the massage mode without switching on the heat, thanks to the dedicated button for the heat.
- It also features 2 cup holders, built-in pockets and remote control for 5 massage modes.
- There are no instructions for connecting the 3 cables.
- It is a little bit hard to move this chair around since the base of this chair swivels.
- The bottom seat cushion may not be as plush as you expect.
- It requires a little bit of force to bring back the recliner to its upright posture. This is because the footrest needs some force to lock down.
- It spins too freely and you can’t slow down its swivel, which may bother some people.
(8) Faux Leather Heated Vibrating Massage Recliner Chair
Material & Durability
- The Heated Vibrating Massage Chair is made up of supple, buttery soft and smooth leather material.
- It has sturdy construction thanks to its stable structure of metal steel frame.
Massage, Recline and other features
- This is an electric recliner chair leather and it features subtle vibration, which even though may not be therapeutic massage in real terms, still its very good and a nice relaxing feature.
- It features 8 vibration massage motors, 2 cup holders and handy attached remote control for optimum convenience.
- The recliner rocks and swivels 360-degree smoothly and easily. It reclines back up to 150 degrees.
- It is a little bit hard to close down the footrest into its place. At times, you may have to push it with your hands.
- The sitting posture sometimes gives you the feeling as if you are leaning forward.
(9) Massage Recliner Chair Heated Leather Ergonomic Lounge
Size & other features
- This electric recliner chair leather is quite roomy to lounge. also, it is stylish, comfy and nice looking.
- The Massage Recliner Chair is not a bulky recliner but a perfect chair for small living room.
- You can turn on the back heater without the massage function since they are independent of each other.
Comfort & Massage features
- There is an extra thick sponge on its back, headrest and armrest for premium comfort.
- It has pretty nice relaxing massage feature, especially for back and lumbar areas of the body.
- The chair has sturdy construction and its reclining and rocking mechanisms are smooth and well built.
- The cup holders are not wide enough to fit coffee mug or whisky glass. But they are fine for bottles or a beer can.
- You may have to stand up in order to put down the footrest.
- This chair doesn’t stay locked into a reclined position. It doesn’t lean back too far either.
- Its head pillow is slightly firm.
(10) Massaging Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman
- The Massaging Black Leather Recliner and ottoman is made up of pliable and buttery soft leatherSoft upholstery, which is a combination of leather and polyurethane for extra softness.
High-level of Comfort
- This is a reclining leather chair with footstool and it features double padded seat cushion, integrated headrest and plush upholstered arms for extra comfort.
- The chair reclines all the way back to almost horizontal position for ultimate comfort.
- It has pretty nice neck support due to its high back.
- It is not a bulky chair but a lightweight furniture which makes it fairly easy to move around.
Size & Space-saving recliner
- This couch is super comfortable, takes up less floor space and it has plenty of room to accommodate large persons.
- The ottoman also has vibrating or massage function and it stands at a very good height to support your tired legs.
- It has more like a vibration type of massage rather than a rolling massage. Besides, you’ll have to place this chair near the power outlet.
- This chair is slightly on the smaller side.
- Its arms need to be a little bit higher.
How to Choose the Best Real Leather Recliner Chairs in 2021?
Leather recliners can be a great addition to any home. The best recliners offer maximum comfort, relaxation and, in certain cases, lumbar support. There are many notable benefits to purchasing a leather recliner.
Durability – Leather is an extremely durable material. Its use in recliners increases the seat’s longevity. There are many types and benefits to leather. Before you place an order, make sure to identify the type of leather that is used in the recliner. While pure grain leather is most durable, synthetic leathers will wear down much faster.
Easy to clean – Leather recliners are water- and scratch-proof. Because the leather is porous, it’s easy to clean.
Leather recliners are strong and resistant to environmental factors. Leather can resist stains such as mildew, dust mites, and mites for a longer time. While heat and sunlight may cause some color change, it will not cause significant damage.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Real Leather Recliner Chair
Upholstery: The leather recliner’s upholstery will affect its appearance and durability. There are various types of authentic leather, each with varied characteristics. Also, synthetic leather is available and can be used in designing leather recliners. Our detailed reviews have shown that recliners made from real leather are available, including the Positive Posture Cafe Zero-Gravity Powered Recliner. We also reviewed recliners made from synthetic leather, such a the ANJ Leather Contemporary Recliner.
Weighing: While the recliner’s upholstery does play a significant role in its physical outlook its weight is no less significant by any means. After all, you don’t want your recliner to be around the same corner all the time. Change is nature! You ought to choose the one which is comparatively easier to move without compromising its durability and class.
The bulkiness of a model is determined by its weight. It also determines how easy the item is to transport to your home. The weight of the leather recliner also affects its ability to move around. The weight of the recliner will depend on the materials used in building it. Leather recliners which are heavy in weight are considered durable and tough. For instance, the Bonzy Home Power Recliner Chair Air Leather is just about the perfect choice for your living room.
Seat Dimensions: As a prudent buyer we expect you to measure the dimensions of the seat because you know what this will eventually decide how comfortable your recliner is.
Is PU Leather as Tough as the Real?
Probably not! But PU leather recliner does seem to offer quite attractive functions more importantly at an affordable price. A PU leather is stronger than other forms synthetic leather and it doesn’t fade or crack in the sun and other environmental factors. However, PU leather is more susceptible to tearing than genuine leather. Therefore, if you have a pet dog or cat and you can afford to pay more maybe you should pick out only the real leather. Nonetheless, you can always choose highly quality Flash Furniture Recliner Chair with Ottoman made of PU leather. But overall genuine leather chair is almost always preferable because it’s way too easy to clean.