We do understand that choosing best recliners for back pain can be an daunting task because you have to consider quite many factors while looking for chairs that are good for your back such as its quality, the durability of a recliner, price, and above all its prime purpose which is to alleviate your back pain. You just can’t compromise over these fundamental attributes. However good your back is, you ought to pick the recliner with good lumbar support.
10 Best Recliners for Back Pain Sufferers in 2020
RECLINER NO. 1 – Cobblestone Top Grain Leather Hamar Recliner and Ottoman
- Motion recliner isn’t only good for your back—it’s a handsome too.
- The Mac Motion recliner has a pretty smooth sliding something you don’t often find in chairs the price of Mac Motion.
- It has solid compact attachment points.
- You can easily assemble it.
- Wooden frame and outstanding genuine leather upholstery.
- No smell of any chemical whatsoever.
- A big wooden wheel to maintain position.
- Swiveling is awesome. You can reach out to any nearby device whilst sitting on the recliner.
- It has breathable leather which allows you to remain warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Above all, the Mac Motion recliner is a super choice for your back support. It has an adjusting mechanism that allows you to sit in a posture you want. You can work on your laptop sitting on Mac Motion continuously for 4 to 5 hours.
RECLINER NO. 2 – Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly- Heavy Duty and Safety Motion Reclining Mechanism
- The recliner is extremely comfortable as it is fully padded with micro fiber.
- It is suitable for taller individuals too.
- The chair doesn’t make any noise whatsoever.
- It is especially recommended for those individuals who feel uncomfortable getting up the chair.
- Pretty straightforward assembly.
RECLINER NO. 3 – Bonded Leather Glider Reclining Chair, Brown
- You’ll like the arms of the recliner which are 25 inches high–nearly the height of a side table. You can easily put something on the table.
- Two persons can sit at a time for the center console is so good.
- Sofa recliner is super comfortable. Your baby can hit any part of it and he won’t get hurt.
- The sofa is big enough to accommodate 6-feet-3-inches taller individuals.
- Simple and straightforward assembly.
RECLINER NO. 4 – Rocker Recliner with Massage, Heat and Dual USB ports, Beige
- The foam at the back and on the seat is so dense that you feel like you’re sinking into it.
- It is equally suitable for taller folks too.
- Recommended for elderly individuals.
- 8 massage motors address your thighs, lumbar, and back.
- One small pocket for keeping remote and other things.
- Easy to clean fabric.
- Assembly takes only 20 – 30 minutes.
RECLINER NO. 5 – Leather Recliner Chair, Classic and Traditional Manual Recliner Chair with Overstuffed Arms and Back, Brown
- You can sleep on it provided you’re in the fully reclined position.
- The chair is not either very bulky or heavy.
- It has an outstanding look and sturdy frame which ensures durability.
- The chair is made of high quality breathable leather.
- The lower back of the chair is all padded with the high density foam which is suitable for people requiring lumbar support.
RECLINER NO. 6 – Dual Motor Lift Chair Recliners for Elderly Infinite Position Dual Power Recliner Up to 300 LBS Soft Leather Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
- The best thing about this recliner is that you can adjust the backrest and footrest individually.
- The elderly individuals can get up effortlessly. This chair isn’t only suitable for individuals with lower back problems but also for those who have leg problems.
- The chair is stylish with spacious seat. It does look like narrow in the picture but it isn’t.
- Its fabric is soft and easy to clean.
Reasonable price too.
RECLINER NO. 7 – Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle
- People with mobility issues or back problems likely enjoy the comfort of this Ashley recliner.
- The power controls and the machinery is super quiet.
- It has soft brown fabric one that complements the overall home decor.
- The chair is especially designed for post-surgery or taller individuals.
- It has a sturdy frame and attractive leather.
RECLINER NO. 8 – Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner
- It has extra foot padding.
- Limited warranty of 3 years.
- Three stages of zero gravity. Its Zero Gravity technology first analyzes your body size then starts massaging.
- Best choice for individuals of all heights and age. This is an Amazon’s Choice too.
- Thanks to its yoga stretching program the recliner is able to stretch your full body.
- Assembly isn’t really hard because you’ll be provided with manual as well as an installation guide in a PDF format. Besides, there’s an installation video too.
- hanks to its L-Track latest technology which enables the chair to massage you all the way to your butt.
- The Space-Saving Zero-Gravity is the only one of its kind. It won’t be an exaggeration if we say that it has every new total package option.
- You can raise your feet 4 to 6 inches above your heart–something you don’t find in other zero gravity recliners.
- It has rollers on the feet.
RECLINER NO. 9 – Power Lift Chair Modern Transitional Chair Lifts for Elderly Up to 300 LBS Soft Linen Breath Suede Fabric Sofa Lift Chairs
- The power lift function is extremely ideal for seniors.
- The chair allows you to fully stretch your legs. Ideal for watching television and reading books.
- It requires little effort to get up from the sitting position.
- Perfect color to blend with the living room decor.
- It has soft classic fabric.
RECLINER NO. 10 – Electric Power Recliner Lift Chair Faux Leather Electric Recliner for Elderly
- The chair is ideal for prolonged sitting and sleeping.
- The recliner is heavy but super comfortable.
- It is big enough to accommodate tall individuals.
- Quick and easy assembly.
- Excellent padding and quiet motor.
What Things to look for in Recliners Good for your Back?
Every recliner should have an adjustable back support. They mustn’t have high backs that are curved inward. If your recliner has a high back, it’ll probably get your shoulders to slump forward, causing a neck strain.
The recliner chair back support ought to be straight at the shoulder level, where it touches your lower back.
It’d be great if the back-support is little convex so it bends with the natural bend of your spine.
If you wish to sit on a recliner for long periods then you must choose a recliner which has a smooth adjustable back.
There are also some recliners that have an adjustable seat height and back. However, the height adjustment of a seat isn’t really mandatory for it has little to do with your back support.
The cushion seat should be soft but not softer. The soft cushion may seem comfortable in the first place particularly when you sit for short periods of time; however, in prolonged sitting it may eventually roll up around the sides of the buttocks, putting a lot of stress on hip joints.
A recliner must have at least two inches wide arm support. The arm support must be padded. If possible, the adjustable arm support can be handy too.
A good recliner must help you in alleviating not only the painful areas of your back but also those that are slightly stiff.
Are Recliners Bad for your Back?
Yes, only if you choose the one you don’t need at all. Choosing the right recliners with lumbar support can be challenging but by investing a little time you may come up with just the right recliner you need at the right time. It’s worth investing isn’t it? Generally most recliners will provide you with the reasonable back support however for back pain sufferers the recliner must offer more than just reasonable support, comfort and relaxation. We have listed top six things you should keep in mind whilst choosing the right recliner for your back.
How to Choose the Best Recliners for your Back?
If you’re suffering from chronic pain then the best idea is to buy the recliner that offers you better lumbar support. The lumbar-support-recliners are probably the best chairs to provide you the reasonable support for your lower back.
There are few recliners that sink too deep or probably they are too comfortable. We do not recommend these recliners particularly if you’re concerned about reducing your back pain. You should choose recliner that gives you a reasonably hard support for your back.
You must check that the back support of your recliner bends naturally with the natural bend of the spine. If the back support straightens your spine then it’s probably going to cause you back pain particularly in prolonged sitting.
If you are suffering from spinal stenosis then you should fancy investing in a massaging recliner one that gives you a perfect lower back support. Just to let you know the spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spinal column narrows and starts compressing the spinal cord. It puts a lot of stress on nerves.
You may choose to buy the comfortable recliner one that offers soft cushion support if you are a sportsman or do a lot of exercise. However, you aren’t supposed to compromise softness over good lumbar support.
A few individuals particularly the older ones do have a difficulty in getting up or sitting on a lowered seat. For them, the lifting recliners are probably the best choice. You can adjust the height of the lifting recliners in a way you want it to be so you don’t have to adjust yourself to the recliner in fact it’s the other way round.