Typically, recliners have an exceptional level of comfort since they feature overstuffed backrest and seat cushion, not to mention plush upholstered arms. But they lack one important feature which is why these chairs cannot be called as all-purpose furniture i.e. lift mechanism. For that reason, lift recliner chairs are incredibly helpful because not only do they fulfill the needs of normal adults, but they are also ideal for the elderly, nursing women or people with medical handicaps. The power lift feature lifts up the couch and tilts it a little bit, so that the user may stand upright without putting extra strain on his back or knees.
10 Best Big & Tall Power Lift Chairs in 2021
RECLINER NO. 1 – Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Yandel Power Lift Recliner – Faux Leather Upholstery
- This recliner is wrapped in thick and gorgeous saddle brown poly fiber, which is hard-wearing, soft, smooth and also has feel-good touch.
- It gives the look of a top grain leather. In comparison to vinyl, it is not a sticky fabric but it has pretty nice smooth feel. Check out our latest collection of big and tall recliners 500 lbs.
- It has high back and thickly padded seat and back cushions for added comfort.
Recline & Lift
- The chair reclines or lifts in a smooth, easy and effortless manner.
- It has whisper quiet power motors and these motors are very easy to use with the simple touch of a button.
- This chair has very good build quality thanks to its corner-blocked frame and metal reinforced seat.
Footrest & Back
- You can raise the legrest without the backrest leaning back. In other words, the back doesn’t recline and you can easily watch TV (or read a book) with your legs stretched out.
- The remote control is pretty convenient due to its long cable and ease of use.
- It is not only one of the most comfortable recliners, but it is also pleasing to the eyes as it adds an air of elegance to your living room decor.
- The footrest doesn’t rise too high.
- Since there is a lot of metal reinforcement at the base of this chair, it is pretty heavy to lift and move around.
- The cushioning on its seat is a tad firm and it is also on the narrow side.
- It has slightly low support for your lumbar area.
35″W x 40″D x 42.5”H
- Seat height: 20”
- Seat width: 19”
- Seat depth: 21”
- Length when fully reclined: 69”
- Distance between arms: 19”
- Weight: 121 lbs
RECLINER NO. 2 – Gibson Wall Recliner
Although huge, the Gibson Wall Recliner is a wall hugger sofa one that can be placed only a few inches from the wall. It has deep seat and thick padded arms. You can lock the legrest at three positions. The back seat and the legrest are made of one piece of chaise seat. The recliner offers comfort at the highest level. The recliner comes with the useful handle which you can probably use to lift the legrest while reading.
RECLINER NO. 3 – Power Lift Recliner Chair – Heavy Duty and Safety Motion Reclining Mechanism-Antiskid Fabric Sofa
- This recliner is wrapped in high grade, anti skid and resilient microfiber upholstery, which is also soft and provides comfortable sitting feel.
- The color of this sofa is more like light-brown to tan.
- It has high back and there is thickly padded and overstuffed pillow on its backrest, seat and arms.
- This is a very well made and sturdy chair, thanks to its heavy-duty mechanism of durable metal frame.
- It has super easy and quick assembly. You just have to click the back onto the base and then, screw the four bolts and nuts.
Quiet & Smooth Operation
- It doesn’t have jerky motion, rather it moves smoothly and silently to any customized position.
- The remote is easy to use and simple because it features only two buttons i.e. arrow-up button to lift and arrow-down button to lean back.
- You can place a blanket over this chair because of its nonskid surface.
Notes of Caution✋
- The side pocket can only accommodate a wired remote control. There is not enough space left for anything else.
- Since it is a power lift recliner, it cannot operate manually if it runs out of power.
- It is quite a large and bulky recliner. Therefore, it needs a clear path behind in order to recline.
- Armrests are pretty low. In order to prop them up, you’ll need to place two side pillows.
- There is not enough padding on its legrest. It requires about 2 inches of more cushioning to make it comfortable.
- It has slightly shorter headrest. (You can use neck roll pillow if it falls short)
39″W x 37″D x 40”H
- Seat size: 19.7″ (W) x 24″ (D)
- Seat height: 20.5”
- Back height: 33”
- Length (when reclined): 62.2”
- Weight: 109 lbs
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
RECLINER NO. 4 – Talladega Rocking Recliner w/ Massage & Heat
The Talladega Rocking Recliner has three massage settings that can be adjustable with the remote. It’s a rocker recliner. You may enjoy rocking especially when the footrest is closed. The heat and massage function aren’t really required given the rest of the comfort it provides.
RECLINER NO. 5 -Talladega Power Rocking Recliner w/ Head Rest & Lumbar
The back of the foam is tall enough to provide you comfort and support. You can also save reclining options. You choose the position and the recliner will save that position for you. However, there is also a home button that allows you to sit in a default position in case you don’t like selected reclining positions. The arms of the Power Rocking Recliner are all padded so is its back. The recliner is suitable for people needing lumbar support and head rest. It rocks too.
RECLINER NO. 6 – James Silver Power Lift Recliner
James Luxury Lift recliner is super comfortable and relaxing. Older individuals find it pretty useful for the recliner does all the job in lifting your body. You may fully recline or stand just by using hand-held remote. It’s a space saving recliner one that takes no more than five inches of space from the wall. The arms are thick but soft.
RECLINER NO. 7 – Talladega Power Wall Recliner w/ Head Rest & Lumbar
The Talladega Power Wall Recliner is ideal for your lower back pain. Not only does it provide you the exceptional comfort the recliner is almost entirely a wall hugger. You may place it only a few inches from the wall. The finishing let alone stitching is outstanding. The recliner allows to adjust footrest, headrest, and the lumbar independently.
RECLINER NO. 8 – Pinnacle Platinum Power Lift Recliner
The Pinnacle Platinum Power Lift Recliner does all the job for you if you fancy reclining fully to the zero gravity position. There is no gap between the back and the seat so your body is all covered and supported. It has a side storage pocket that comes in handy especially if you’re an avid book reader.
RECLINER NO. 9 – Pinnacle Platinum Power Lift Recliner w/ Massage & Heat
RECLINER NO. 10 – Electric Power Lift Massage Sofa Recliner Heated Chair Lounge w/Remote Control USB Charging Ports
- This recliner is wrapped in skillfully-matched faux leather, which is durable and soft to the touch. Moreover, it is pretty easy to wipe down with a damp lint-free or dry cloth.
- This couch complements pretty well with most interior decor thanks to its nice medium brown shade.
- This sofa lifts up and leans back by means of a corded remote control.
- This chair is very easy to put together since it comes with color coded electrical components.
Heat & Vibration
- It features various modes for massage, and this chair offers quite mild and soothing vibration.
- It has very nice warming feature and this heat function is very useful for elderly in cooler nights.
Note of Caution✋
- After you turn off the massage function, only then you’ll be able to use heat feature.
- It is a very comfortable recliner that stands you up. However, the recommended height of this couch is from 5’1”to 5’9”.
- This recliner is pretty heavy to lift and move around.
- The backrest is slightly shorter for tall persons i.e. for a 6-foot-person. This is because this chair is fairly small.
- It doesn’t lay back almost flat.
- The instructions are not very clear.
34.6” W x 30.7” L x 41” H
- Seat size: 17.7″ W x 20.5″ D
- Seat to floor: 20”
- Wall clearance: 15.7”
- Recline: 130-140 degree
- Weight capacity: 320 lbs
- Weight: 120 lbs