Recliners Guide is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.
Having a large body built is quite tormenting, especially when you try to find a comfortable seat. Either the chair is too small for you, or you will be sitting uncomfortably. Apart from that, some chairs have an exact weight limit that it can hold before it breaks apart. For that, finding a comfortable seat becomes a dilemma for men with a large body built. Fortunately, there are many seating options for bigger and taller men on the market these days. So, if you are more than 6 feet tall and weigh more than 250 pounds, you can still find a comfortable seat that suits your needs. The below-listed recliners will help you find the best heavy duty recliners for big and tall men. It contains things like weight capacity, ease of use, and handy features that can guide you in making your choices according to your needs.
- Best Tufted Fabric: GDF Studio Elizabeth Tufted Fabric Recliner They look nice enough, aren’t wobbly, and are surprisingly actually pretty comfortable! They are fairly firm.
- Premium Choice: Macedonia Mid Century Modern very comfy for her hubby is 5’6 perfect for him So simple to put together came perfectly packed and the reclining is so easy and smooth our 5 yr old can do it.
- Best Power Lift: Mcombo Large Power Lift Recliner Chair She really liked how comfortable it is. It’s wide enough for her butt, and it supported her weight just fine. She’s close to 300 lbs.
- Best Breathable Recliner: ANJ Electric Recliner Chairs W/Breathable Bonded Leather The fabric is soft not sticky perfect for our weather. My husband loves it for gaming and or just lounging watching TV.
- Best Upholstery: Signature Design by Ashley Ernestine Upholstered Power Lift I immediately liked the incredible height this chair will lift to, most of the other chair brands so called lift chairs didn’t really do anything more that roll you forward out of the chair & when they did lift-up.
4 Best Big and Tall Recliners 500 lbs in 2022
Lane Home Furnishings Wallsaver, Medium
- The recliner is specifically designed for big gals. It’s high above the ground so much so that you’ll feel like you’re sitting in air. Therefore, you won’t have any difficulty in standing up from sitting posture.
- The beautiful walnut color will complement your overall home decor. You can place it in your living room or simply in dining.
- Your feet will not hang over the edge–ensures smooth blood circulation.
- You will feel just a little hard on your butt when it’s new but this will loosen over time.
- Superb quality and sturdy frame.
- It has a pretty good lumbar support and back.
- The back and the footrest works independently.
- Assembly is super easy. All you need to do is to tip the recliner forward to connect the back and you are good to go.
- The recliner is manual. You’ll need to use the lever.
- It’s not a rocker chair.
Lane Stallion Big Man Comfort King
- The Lane Stallion Big Man recliner is a huge recliner. It has a width of about 25 inches.
- It has a unique but sober charcoal color.
- The recliner can support up to 500 lbs weight.
- It’s a rocker recliner.
- The weight of the recliner is about 169 pounds.
- It is designed for both heavy individuals as well tall people.
- The kidney pillows are extremely cozy.
- It is durable and sturdy.
- If you recline it fully it will become a king size mattress.
Sunset Trading Luxe Leather Power Recliner
- If you want to get the best and more comfortable recliner chair for large and taller people, then this elegant and cozy recliner chair is perfect for you.
- It offers handy features such as power reclining buttons, USB charging port, and power headrest.
- The headrest automatically moves out and up to give an extra 3 inches back height to support your head and neck.
- It provides the highest quality top-grain leather that is weather and stain-resistant. Additionally, the high tension coil wires provide more support and buoyancy. Thus, giving you all the comfort and convenience you ever need.
- For durability, this chair uses hardwood for its frame and a steel rail system to withstand against all kinds of weather. Despite its size, this recliner chair is a space saver and a wall hugger giving more useable space in your living room or office.
- On top of that, it uses the softest pads and cushions, making it more like a cradle than a chair.
Lane Home Furnishings Walnut Rocker Recliner
- This recliner chair may cost you more money, but it is the best investment for you. It comes from a well-known brand that creates a durable and long-lasting recliner chairs.
- It is the best option when it comes to large and tall reclining chairs.
- This model offers a hardwood and plywood frame that can stand against the test of time. It includes steel reclining mechanisms that can hold up to 500 pounds of weight.
- This recliner comes in a wide seat box and a tall backrest making it ideal for tall and large men. The walnut color fabulously matches all of your home or office furniture.
- For more comfort and convenience, this chair comes with a 100% polyester cover showing-off a faux leather look. Another significant feature of this recliner chair is the HR foam and bolt on arms for added strength and durability.
- Lastly, this recliner stretches up to 79 inches when you fully recline the chair that matches the length of a king-size mattress.